If you’ve read my debut novel Pretty Amy you know the main character Amy doesn’t make the best decisions on prom night and as a result ends up in a jail cell with her two best friends. If you haven’t, I’m going to give you a top five list of everything you, your sister, daughter, or best friend SHOULDN’T DO on prom night.
Prom Night Don’ts
- Don’t let your best friends set you up with someone you’ve never met. If you don’t know your date do a background check on him. You’ll be much less likely to end the night with handcuffs around your wrist instead of a corsage if you know up front that he’s a drug dealer.
- If you get stood up don’t break into your date’s house. I know you’re angry. I know you want to rip his pillow to shreds and leave feathers all over his room, but just talk bad about him on Facebook and Twitter like everyone else.
- Don’t go to your prom without tickets. You won’t get in and chances are your ex-boyfriend will be manning the door and make you feel like crap for showing up dateless and ticketless. Just go straight to the after party and stay there.
- Don’t get wasted…. I know you want to try to forget getting stood up, but you have your whole life to wake up hungover….college is months away after all.
- Don’t get arrested. I’m pretty sure spending the night in a jail cell in prom dresses with your two best friends isn’t a bucket list item. But if it is…
You can read all about that experience without having to get a criminal record of your own by picking up PRETTY AMY up on SALE for $1.99 this week only!
Do you have any prom night horror stories or prom night fears to share?