“Deke was awesome, both as a best friend to Donna and as a zombie slayer. That boy definitely knows his way around a baseball bat. He’s smart and honest and knows how to give a girl a good kick in the pants.” — Clever Girls Read
“Deke is one of those characters that you instantly fall in love with.” —Outrageous Journey
“Oh and then there’s Deke. I loved Deke, I wish I’d had a Deke when I was at school. He was loyal and an awesome person to have at Donna’s side during all the mayhem. He is definitely a valued member of the rag tag team of Zombie slayers.” —Lost in a Book
Top 5 Things Deke Would Bring to a Deserted Island:
5) His collection of fantasy/sci-fi novels. Anyone wanna talk Lord of the Rings?
4) His red metal baseball bat. A hero never knows when he’ll need to bash some zombie brains.
3) A good water filtration system. Hey, it’s a wonder no one got sick drinking from that algae-infested fountain!
2) His friends and family. Deke’s an extremely loyal guy who’d never leave anyone behind—and a deserted island might be the perfect place to wait out a zombie apocalypse. He’ll do whatever it takes to make sure everyone gets there safe and sound.
And the #1 thing Deke would bring to a deserted island?
1) Donna—of course! In fact, Deke would probably be very glad to have some uninterrupted alone time with her. 😉